Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 23, 2025 9:30 PM
#1
Offline
Mar 2016
132
Shows like this make me more upset than genuine awful crap like smartphone isekai. At least that one is honest and doesn't try to pretend to be more than it is. But ones like this that dip their toe into greatness and give me just a tiny peak into something special but refuse to actually commit really get my goat. I keep watching hoping against hope that that diamond hiding in the shit will somehow shine bright enough to make it worth it but it almost never does.
The unique things about this show aren't played to their strengths and instead are mostly brushed aside for awful animation and awful pacing. Maybe it was a fault of the source material I don't know, maybe there wasn't actually any depth to build from to begin with. The first half of the first season hooked me and I hoped it would go a different way but instead it just sat down in the middle of the road and refused to do anything.
I was honestly shocked when the short haired girl used her sword in the last episode I didn't think we would see any actual character progression at all. Have to give the show credit, didn't think I would see a show where the characters are fundamentally no better from the first to last episode but somehow this one did it.
Jul 23, 2025 10:30 PM
#2

Offline
Jul 2015
14424
The only problem I had with this were below average visuals.
Jul 23, 2025 10:59 PM
#3
Offline
Jan 2020
2477
the non existent animation is really the problem here and S2 is mostly anime original to top that
RonninnJul 24, 2025 7:14 AM
Jul 24, 2025 3:33 AM
#4
Offline
May 2019
287
redpanda_42 said:
Shows like this make me more upset than genuine awful crap like smartphone isekai. At least that one is honest and doesn't try to pretend to be more than it is. But ones like this that dip their toe into greatness and give me just a tiny peak into something special but refuse to actually commit really get my goat. I keep watching hoping against hope that that diamond hiding in the shit will somehow shine bright enough to make it worth it but it almost never does.
The unique things about this show aren't played to their strengths and instead are mostly brushed aside for awful animation and awful pacing. Maybe it was a fault of the source material I don't know, maybe there wasn't actually any depth to build from to begin with. The first half of the first season hooked me and I hoped it would go a different way but instead it just sat down in the middle of the road and refused to do anything.
I was honestly shocked when the short haired girl used her sword in the last episode I didn't think we would see any actual character progression at all. Have to give the show credit, didn't think I would see a show where the characters are fundamentally no better from the first to last episode but somehow this one did it.

I recommend reading the manga if you felt that invested in the beginning. I don't remember S2 too well, but I do remember I ended up picking up the manga after parts of S2 disappointed me. I later found out they weren't even adapting the manga arcs. Most of S2 is anime original content which is where the writing went from decent to downright horrible. It's completely ruined as a manga adaptation.
BlueMoonTornadoJul 24, 2025 3:41 AM
Jul 24, 2025 10:29 AM
#5
Offline
Jan 2024
65
i personally liked the anime
sure the animation is not quite up to standards but i really liked the story
convinced me to read the manga and i love it, this is one of my most favourite isekai series
Nov 20, 2025 7:55 AM
#6
Offline
Feb 2025
200
so I'm running through the handful of isekai I haven't seen yet, and this was on my list

the good part is it's definitely not generic

but damn, every single character is completely unrelatable

on paper this should be pretty good, but it's a frustrating slog to actually watch it
Nov 27, 2025 11:00 PM
#7
Offline
Mar 2024
46
it was a solid 7/10 for me. honestly hopíng for a s3!
Apr 14, 2:18 PM
#8
Offline
May 2013
1
Not every isekai can be Re:Zero. Fortunately this one isn't the same generic front mullet MC power fantasy trash that we get every season. You honestly don't know how they are going to overcome each obstacle. It could have been better but it is slightly above decent for the genre which is saying a lot. It's a satisfactory binge on an empty weekend type show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

78 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 5, 11:00 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2021

66 by EsieEyen »»
May 30, 5:59 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

95 by jujise96 »»
May 18, 2:59 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

57 by Blazesword »»
Feb 13, 4:56 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

42 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 9, 2025 9:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login