Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2010 9:01 PM
#1
Offline
Sep 2008
24
So, hopefully, I just wanted to keep this post up so that everyone could list their reasons on why this beloved onmyouji girl is so awesome to them, even though she is supposedly (at least, in name and occupation) an enemy of Nura Rikuo. I know this might seem a bit early, but I think it would at least be nice for us to understand how we like her a bit more.

So, anyways...why do you like Keikain Yura?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 30, 2010 2:34 AM
#2

Offline
Nov 2007
33247
Very cool, quiet, and the only girl who is from Kansai in the group.
I ♥ Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2010 10:56 AM
#3

Offline
Jul 2008
1703
1. She is kickass B-)
2. Storywise, the most developed girl and has potential for more developments
3. She has a fun personality
4. Her family is awesome
Oct 30, 2010 4:33 PM
#4
Offline
Sep 2008
24
Keikain Yura...well, let's see...as one of my top favorite female characters of all time (and my top favorite for this fandom), she is someone I can probably list an entire pageful for. ^^;

But, I will refrain from that and just list them generally:

1) As a youkai hunter/onmyouji, she is supposedly added as a challenge for Rikuo (especially Night!Rikuo) to deal with, in person and in combat. Not only does she live up to this standard, she surpasses it greatly. Both in combat and in person.

2) She is motivated and determined, and yet she also shows a humane side whenever she deals with friends. This makes her quite interesting to watch, since she has a powerful sense of duty along with her conflicting loyalty towards her family and friends. The thing is, I find it very rare for a girl to be so determined and loyal at the same time, and yet she manages that balance perfectly.

3) Instead of fawning over Night!Rikuo (not that I blame anyone for doing so ^^;), she stands her ground and looks at him with a level-minded determination to fight him and stay on equal grounds with him. XD I think I find that quite admirable, since she doesn't lose her head when faced with a powerful youkai who seems quite charismatic. Also, it shows that she is not about to let her guard down for the sake of an attractive guy, which is awesome.

4) She is one helluva fighter. Just look at her potential to summon 4 shikigami at the same time (a dangerous, very difficult feat for a young onmyouji her age) and to summon the Hagun (another skill that matches her on par with Night!Rikuo in ways). Also, she doesn't let her guard down, as usual, and jumps into the fight without thinking about her own safety, and for that I find her cool.

5) She is quite nuanced in the sense that she is the one who has to deal with the boundary of youkai and human. Unlike her brothers, who we see in the future, she learns to question the idea that all youkai are dangerous entities to human society as well as the world. She is determined enough to keep that thought away in a convincing manner, and yet when she is faced with the truth, she is gray enough to let the idea show up.

I have other reasons, but these are possibly the top ones.
Dec 27, 2010 5:30 PM
#5

Offline
Dec 2010
4
* Badass (but a lil' clumsy :P)
* Funny (easily misunderstands things especially in the anime)
* Voice? (...I think I just love the accent)
* Cool (I just think she is...)
* Family (yes, especially her brother <3)
* ETC....
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» The Image Gallery

Nayrael - Oct 30, 2010

9 by DespairInBeauty »»
May 16, 2012 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login