Forum Settings
Forums

Which of theses old anime deserves a remake to get popular again and why?

New
Aug 12, 2025 10:00 PM
#1
Offline
Oct 2024
1849
I think the first 3 Yu-Gi-Oh anime needs it most due to kids today who watch theses free streaming services like Tubi and Pluto TV having all Yu-Gi-Oh shows on them except for Go Rush. What 4Kids did to theses first 3 Yu-Gi-Oh shows was stupid. I believe you could skip the first, but GX and 5Ds need it most. The dubs are unfinished and don't feel like the sub and the filler is all over the place and can make kids turn off the anime. I do see them getting popular on theses streaming services and it was so popular that McDonald's made a Happy Meal last year with Hello Kitty characters as the Yu-Gi-Oh monsters from the original series and not for Go Rush which was airing on Disney XD at the time. Not only that it can improve the quality that 4Kids did to theses shows. Most of the episodes aren't in HD quality and doesn't look good for such a good series. Plus rewatching them can be a chore sometimes as GX and 5Ds feel like they are only for kids sometimes. Not only that theses are considered the peak of Yu-Gi-Oh before it went downhill and have the most nostalgia attached to them and they have such a fun vibe to them. I would probably want GX the most because I hate the dub so much, but it should be all 3 of them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 13, 2025 1:41 AM
#2

Offline
Jun 2022
838
Ashita no Joe is a timeless classic masterpiece that more people need to read/watch. It inspired many series like Hajime no Ippo and Megalo Box was made as a tribute to it. Definitely the most deserving of a remake!
Aug 13, 2025 2:44 AM
#3

Offline
Mar 2024
181
They did the og Gunnm anime horrendously. I need a remake asap.
Aug 13, 2025 4:43 AM
#4
Offline
Aug 2015
17
Konjiki no Gash, that filler ending was really bad, and we deserve to see the real ending animated.
Aug 15, 2025 1:20 PM
#5
Offline
Oct 2024
1849
Reply to Angel-99
They did the og Gunnm anime horrendously. I need a remake asap.
@Angel-99 I didn’t think about that one and I think I rather have that one since that anime has been a classic since it came out plus it was one of those anime that has lots of copycats!!
Aug 15, 2025 3:14 PM
#6

Offline
Mar 2024
181
@Camoboi1 yeah it might be because I read the manga first, but I just can’t stand that anime lol. Plus there’s so much left to adapt. The whole thing could easily be 100+ episodes.
Aug 16, 2025 4:33 PM
#7
Offline
Oct 2024
1849
Reply to Angel-99
@Camoboi1 yeah it might be because I read the manga first, but I just can’t stand that anime lol. Plus there’s so much left to adapt. The whole thing could easily be 100+ episodes.
@Angel-99 Don’t forget they could fix pacing and animation issues for fans of the series and get rid of unnecessary filler in canon episodes and filler episodes. Though I don’t see anyone really liking the filler content mostly because people just end up skipping it anyway. Now the only question which dubbing company would be best for it. I think Studio Nano would be best for it due to how amazing their new Detective Conan dub is. I doubt they could get the original voice actors for this new dub due to the age of Gunnm being in the late 70s.
Aug 17, 2025 8:12 AM
#8
Offline
Jun 2025
17
None of those, they're all good the way they are.
Aug 23, 2025 8:20 AM
#9

Offline
Feb 2016
70
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, because the anime ended without adapting the whole manga
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What do you think would have happened if 4Kids dub of One Piece was successful and was releasing episodes today?

Camoboi1 - Feb 15

0 by Camoboi1 »»
Feb 15, 11:53 AM

Poll: » What is your favorite big 3 anime and why?

Camoboi1 - Aug 5, 2025

5 by Camoboi1 »»
Aug 15, 2025 1:18 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite anime dad?

Camoboi1 - Jun 15, 2025

5 by Camoboi1 »»
Jul 22, 2025 10:01 PM

Poll: » Which of these anime had their original series better than their remake and why?

Camoboi1 - Jul 9, 2025

2 by Camoboi1 »»
Jul 22, 2025 9:59 PM

» Who remembers this? Happy late 4th of July to all in America and who celebrate!!

Camoboi1 - Jul 4, 2025

0 by Camoboi1 »»
Jul 4, 2025 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login